Click here if you do not require a notarized/certified letter and you will open the Vermont Criminal Conviction Record Internet Service (VCCRIS)
Probate Court adoptions, domestic adoption, international adoption:
- Call Probate Court for adoptions handled by your county probate court.
- Call Social and Rehabilitation Services for adoptions handled by your county Department for Children and Family Services.
The Vermont Criminal Information Center (VCIC) will provide a copy of personal criminal record /conviction reports to properly identified individuals for any reason.
Record checks may be obtained by:
- Personal appearance at VCIC between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Requestors must bring at least government issued photo ID. There is no exception to the photo ID requirement.
- There is a $30 per copy fee for a record check. Money order, bank check or cash is acceptable but exact change is required.
Identification Form Lists:
Applicants must show valid identification in one of the following forms:
- Valid driver’s license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color or address.
- Valid Non-Driver ID license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
- Valid government ID card issued by a municipality, county, state, or possession of the United States including the federal government of the United States and the federal government of Canada, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
Written requests are allowable.
Download Request for Personal Criminal Record Check - In order to request a criminal history record check, please fill out the form completely. Mail it to the address given below along with a self addressed, stamped envelope and a cashier’s check or money order made out to VCIC for $30. Personal/Business checks are not accepted.
Any requests received which are not filled out properly or are received without a self-addressed stamped envelope and the fee will not be processed.
Send this information to:
Criminal Records Section
Vermont Crime Information Center
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05671-2101