My Own Records
Click here if you do not require a notarized/certified letter and you will open the Vermont Criminal Conviction Record Internet Service (VCCRIS)
The Vermont Criminal Information Center (VCIC) will provide a copy of personal criminal record / conviction reports to properly identified individuals for any reason (charges may apply).
Record checks may be obtained by:
- Personal appearance at VCIC between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Requestors must bring at least government issued photo ID. There is no exception to the photo ID requirement.
- There is a $30 per copy fee for a record check. Money order, bank check or cash is acceptable but exact change is required.
Identification Form List
Applicants must show valid identification in one of the following forms:
- Valid driver’s license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color or address.
- Valid Non-Driver ID license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
- Valid government ID card issued by a municipality, county, state, or possession of the United States including the federal government of the United States and the federal government of Canada, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
Written requests are allowable.
- All written requests for a complete (all dispositions included) Personal Vermont Criminal Record Check must have the "Request for Personal Criminal Record Check" form and must be accompanied by the "Notary" form (downloads available below). The Notary form must be signed by the individual who is requesting and subject of the record check and must be notarized with a raised seal affixed. If the appropriate forms are not included or filled out properly the request will not be honored.
Download Request for Personal Criminal Record Check
In order to request a criminal history record check, please fill out the form completely. Mail it to the address given below along with a self addressed, stamped envelope and a cashier’s check or money order made out to VCIC for $30.
Personal/Business checks are not accepted.
Any requests received which are not filled out properly or are received without a self-addressed stamped envelope and the fee will not be processed.
Send this information to:
Criminal Records Section
Vermont Crime Information Center
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05671-2101