If you do not require a notarized/certified letter you can visit the Vermont Criminal Conviction Record Internet Service (VCCRIS)
The Vermont Criminal Information Center (VCIC) will provide a copy of personal criminal record / conviction reports to properly identified individuals for any reason (charges may apply).
Obtaining Record Checks
- Record checks may be obtained by personal appearance at VCIC between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Note: Please be aware that any walk-in record check requests received after 3:30 PM may not be processed until the next business day.
- Requestors must bring at least government issued photo ID. There is no exception to the photo ID requirement.
- There is a $30 per copy fee for a record check. Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard or Discover), money order, bank check or cash is acceptable but exact change is required.
Identification Form List
Walk-In Applicants requesting a complete criminal history, a certified or notarized copy must show two (2) forms of identification in either of the following combinations:
- Two (2) forms of identification from the Primary List
- One (1) form of identification from the Primary List and one (1) from the Secondary List.
Please note two (2) forms of identification from the Secondary List is not acceptable.
- Valid driver’s license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color or address.
- Valid Non-Driver ID license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
- Valid government ID card or Passport issued by a municipality, county, state, or possession of the United States including the federal government of the United States and the federal government of Canada, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, or address.
- Valid credit card with signature
- Valid Student IS issued by a school located in a state of possession of the United States provided it bears the name and signature of the applicant
- Check Cashing Card with signature
- Valid document or card which contains the applicants name and signature and is satisfactory to staff
All written requests for a complete (all dispositions included) Personal Vermont Criminal Record Check must have the "Request for Personal Criminal Record Check" form and must be accompanied by the "Notary" form (downloads available below). The Notary form must be signed by the individual who is requesting and subject of the record check and must be notarized with a raised seal affixed. If the appropriate forms are not included or filled out properly the request will not be honored.
Download Request for Personal Criminal Record Check
In order to request a criminal history record check, please fill out the form completely. Mail it to the address given below along with a self addressed, stamped envelope and a cashier’s check or money order made out to the Department of Public Safety for $30.
Personal/Business checks are not accepted.
Any requests received which are not filled out properly or are received without a self-addressed stamped envelope and the fee will not be processed.
- Request for Personal Criminal Record Check
- Notary Form Required for a written request for a complete Vermont Record Check
Send this information to:
Criminal Records Section
Vermont Crime Information Center
45 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1300