During the current COVID-19 outbreak VCIC is not able to process walk-in requests for criminal history record checks. Requests for these services may still be submitted via USPS or electronically from the website noted below.
Below you will find information on how to obtain a criminal record check for various purposes. Please read all information carefully before you begin any process. NOTE: If you require a notarized copy of your criminal conviction report you must obtain that by mail, or by appearing in person at the VT Crime Information Center's main office in Waterbury, VT.
If you DO NOT need a notarized copy of a Criminal Conviction report on yourself or anyone else then visit the Vermont Conviction Report (VCCRIS) Website. You will need to provide a Name and Date of Birth and there is a $30.00 charge per conviction report. The benefit is an immediate result to your computer that you can print or save.
If you REQUIRE a notarized copy of a Criminal Conviction for one of the following purposes, please click here.
- Personal Review
- International Adoption
- Governor’s Pardon
- Civil Court Proceeding
- Child Custody
- Foreign travel/Immigration
Processing of record check requests received via US Mail take five to seven (5 – 7) business days. All incomplete forms will be returned unprocessed.
By coming into our office you can obtain your notarized record check in approximately 10 minutes. Walk-ins who require a complete criminal history record on themselves will need two forms of positive identification. Acceptable forms of identification are listed here.
- If you are a vulnerable population agency, believe that you may qualify as a vulnerable population agency in the State of Vermont, or are an educational institution that DOES NOT require a fingerprint supported record check, please visit the Vermont Conviction Report (VCCRIS) Website and fill out the appropriate application.
- If you are an educational institution in the State of Vermont that REQUIRES a fingerprint supported record check please click here.
- If you are a vulnerable population agency in the State of Vermont that wishes to determine eligibility to have a fingerprint supported record check please click here.
- If you are trying to locate a Fingerprint Identification Center near you visit the Fingerprint Identification Center Information page.