During the current COVID-19 outbreak VCIC is not able to process walk-in requests for criminal history record checks. Requests for these services may still be submitted via USPS or following the directions noted below.
Obtaining Record Checks
- Record checks may be obtained by personal appearance at VCIC between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Note: Please be aware that any walk-in record check requests received after 3:30 PM may not be processed until the next business day.
- There is a $30 fee per copy for a record check. Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard or Discover), money order, bank check or cash is acceptable but exact change is required. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Identification Form List
Walk-In Applicants requesting a complete criminal history, a certified or notarized copy must show two (2) forms of identification in either of the following combinations:
- Two (2) forms of identification from the Primary List
- One (1) form of identification from the Primary List and one (1) from the Secondary List.
Please note two (2) forms of identification from the Secondary List is not acceptable.
- Valid driver’s license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender (M/F/X), height, eye color or address.
- Valid Non-Driver ID license issued by a state or possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender (M/F/X), height, eye color, or address.
- Valid government ID card or Passport issued by a municipality, county, state, or possession of the United States including the federal government of the United States and the federal government of Canada, provided it contains a photograph and other identification information such as name, date of birth, gender (M/F/X), height, eye color, or address.
- Valid credit card provided it bears the name and signature of the applicant
- Valid Student ID issued by a school located in a state or possession of the United States provided it bears the name and signature of the applicant
- Check Cashing Card provided it bears the name and signature of the applicant
- Valid document or card which bears the applicant's name and signature and is satisfactory to staff
All written requests for a complete (all dispositions included) Personal Vermont Criminal Record Check must have the "Request for Personal Criminal Record Check" form and must be accompanied by the "Notary" form (downloads available below). The Notary form must be signed by the individual who is requesting and subject of the record check and must be notarized with a raised seal affixed (if a raised seal is not available in your state, please include a memo stating this). If the appropriate forms are not included or filled out properly, the request will be returned and need to be resubmitted with the appropriate forms completed.
Download Request for Personal Criminal Record Check
In order to request a criminal history record check, please fill out the forms completely. Once completed, mail to the address given below along with a self addressed, stamped envelope and a cashier’s check or money order made out to the Department of Public Safety for $30.
Personal/Business checks are not accepted.
Send this information to:
Criminal Records Section
Vermont Crime Information Center
45 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1300
If you do not require a notarized record check you can visit the Vermont Criminal Conviction Record Internet Service (VCCRIS)